One of the other people in the sew-along made a pair of Burda culottes (regular sizing) that had a cool tulip hem. When that pattern was published, I was only getting the special Curvy issues. Disappointing. But going through my Burda binder today, I see that they came out with a very similar pattern in the Plus issue! Yay!
This pattern is shown in the magazine in two lengths. The shorter is a couple of inches above the ankle and the fabric listed for them is twill. The longer length, the photo I've scanned, is made in viscose. They call this style "pants", but looking at the pattern diagrams it's clear from the crotch curve that they are a true culotte cut.
My plan is to make these a little shorter than the short length, in something drapey like viscose. I'll also add an elasticized waistband, eliminating the darts and zipper.
Will update this post when the project is finished - I wrote this so that the photo could be posted to the group discussion.
No comments:
Post a Comment