Tuesday, January 2, 2024

2024 Challeng-ettes

 Making new year's resolutions is a sure way to doom and disappointment, in my experience. But it's still useful to take advantage of the fresh new year to examine old habits and think of ways to shake yourself up a little. With that in mind, here's a "Make 9" grid I put together for myself, with 8 itty-bitty challenges that should be easy and fun to accomplish.



1. Stripe Play - do something with stripes besides matching them across the front. Maybe some fancy miters, chevrons, or something like that.

2. Upcycle/Recycle - use salvaged fabric, from something I never wear or some other pre-used source.

3. Fabric Paints - over a year ago I treated myself to a bunch of fabric paints and have yet to use them. This could end up being potato prints or watercolor-like paintings or anything in-between, made into a garment.

4. Current Burda - Sewing magazines do not reach perfection after sitting in the cellar for years. Sew something from the current Burda Style.

5. Wild Card - got to leave room for a whim!

6. Current Ottobre - same as #4, different magazine.

7. Print Garment - would a floral kill me? I am not usually a print girl, so this will be a little bit of a stretch.

8. Copycat - some of my most fun projects have been copies of inspiration pieces. Do it again in 2024.

9. Take a Class - support at least one pro out there by taking their class and learning something new!


Sounds like a fun year to me. What are your plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Style Arc Montana x 2

The Montana dress is a popular pattern from Style Arc. The original pattern is similar to this version in blue, with a round neck, extended ...